Friday, May 28, 2010

Some of my Past Days



Here is a photo of when I worked at St. Benedict's Monestary. This is my view on the way to work. It was very much like working in a Medieval Castle. Very, very interesting. The best place I have ever worked in my life. I had to quit because my Mother became terminally ill with cancer and I had to take her to chemo everyday for two years. The Monks were so helpful to me, and understanding. I smiled and laughed everyday working for the Monks.
I had many, many wonderful experiences here. That is why I belong to the Benedictine Order.


This is an overview of the Church that is connected to the Monestary.
This is a full view from the front. The back of the Monestary faces the lake.

4 comments:

  1. What a wonderful place to work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a wonderful place! Is this Wisconsin? My nephew went to the Benedictine college and monastery outside St Cloud, MINN and I visited many times :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I want to hear some monastery stories. I have always wondered what goes on in those places. Just a world I'll never be in.

    I feel the same way about the Masonic Temple across the street. How do people become Masons and what do they do?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Reverend Awesome, I will share with everyone the experiences that I had working in the Monastery. All I can say is that when I stepped through the doors that day to start my new day at work; my life changed forever. It changed who I am totally, in every single way. It was like stepping into a new Universe. I now live in the secular world, but not part of it. :)
    Maureen Johnson

    ReplyDelete